UCP Preschool is excited to offer a wonder-filled preschool experience for children ages 3-5. In partnership with Mobile County Public School System, UCP of Mobile Preschool provides exceptional services to approximately twenty-five children, with and without disabilities, each school year. The two preschool classrooms offer a unique opportunity for children with different levels of ability and development to grow, learn, and play together. Preschoolers with identified disabilities learn side-by-side with their typically developing peers. These early interactions are of great benefit to all children.
UCP of Mobile Preschool staffs each classroom with state certified teachers and paraprofessionals trained and experienced in working with preschoolers. Children who require therapy can receive those interventions while in the preschool program. Speech therapy, occupational therapy, and physical therapy can be provided if the child is eligible for services.
UCP of Mobile Preschool offers:
- Teachers with degrees in early childhood or special education
- Paraprofessionals in each classroom to assist the teachers
- Low student/teacher ratios allowing staff opportunities to provide more individualized attention to each child
- Classrooms with spacious areas for children to learn within totally accessible environment
- Accessible playground with shaded play areas
- Sensory room for activities and indoor play
- Developmentally appropriate curriculum, following the Alabama Developmental Standards for Preschool Children
- Transition meetings with MCPSS to prepare families entering kindergarten
- An IEP (Individualized Education Plan) will be developed by a team of: parent, preschool teacher, and MCPSS Speech Therapist
UCP of Mobile Preschool class schedule is Monday-Friday from 8:00 am -2:30pm. We follow the MCPSS school year calendar, closings and holidays. UCP also offers a six-week summer session for those enrolled in our preschool program. Eligibility requirements vary and some testing may be involved.
For more information or to schedule a tour, please contact Cecy Lowell, Director of Educational Services, at 251-479-4900 or email firstname.lastname@example.org